Photo by unsplah.com
Scope and Motivation
European Wireless (EW) is a key venue for European and worldwide researchers to become acquainted with the latest trends in wireless communications and networking. The main theme of EW 2023 is “6G driving a sustainable growth”. This 28th edition of EW (EW 2023) will be held in Rome, Italy, October 2-4, 2023. Currently, the conference is planned to be in presence, hosting authors’ presentations, and allowing for interactions and networking among the participants.
Topics of Interest
EW23 is committed to the highest publication and ethical standards through a rigorous single-blind peer-review process. Submitted manuscripts must be original and not be published or under review elsewhere. Papers must not infringe any copyright or third party right. The proceedings of EW23 will be published and will be made available on IEEE Xplore. Acceptance of submitted papers will be based on quality, relevance, and originality. Proposals for special sessions and tutorials are also invited. You are invited to submit your research paper(s) related to the following topics of interest (but not limited to):
- Main Track - 5G/6G communication networks: Cellular systems; Non-Terrestrial Networks; campus networks; OpenRAN; TSN; WiFi6; WLAN; LoRAN; joint communication and sensing; radio access; edge and core; verticals and services; security; resource allocation, Internet of Things, sustainability, green and energy efficient communications, Machine Learning for communications.
- Special Session 1 - Tactile Internet: Ultra-reliable low-latency communications for the Tactile Internet with human-in-the-loop (TaHiL); Human-machine-type communications, interaction, and augmentation; Human–robot cohabitation in industry; Human-machine learning; Haptic codecs; AI and softwarization for the Tactile Internet; Augmented perception and interaction; Human-inspired models for tactile computing; Sensors and actuators for the Tactile Internet; Tactile electronics
- Special Session 2 - Post-Shannon and Semantic Communications: Message Identification; Physical layer integration; Common randomness generation; Semantic compression; Goal-oriented communications; Joint communication and control; Functional compression
- Special Session 3 - Quantum Communication Networks: Quantum programming and software; Simulation of quantum communications and computing; Quantum repeaters; Quantum information theory; Quantum algorithms; Quantum local area networks and metropolitan networks; Quantum physical-layer service integration; Quantum space communications
- Special Session 4 - Molecular Communications: Internet of Bio-Nano Things; molecular computing, storage and communication; Protocols, algorithms, models and technologies for molecular communications; Molecular space communications
- Special Session 5 - In-Network Computing: Network softwarization, multi-agent systems and chain set up and management, microservice based communication systems, microservice and agent placement in cloud/edge data centres, energy efficiency and sustainability of in-network computing, latency concerns in softwarized networks, computing resource management and orchestration for communication networks, functional split and placement of RAN functionalities in cloud/edge data centres.
- Special Session 6 - Joint Communications and Sensing in Wireless Systems: JCAS Fundamental Theoretical Limits, performance metrics, communications/sensing trade-offs. JCAS enabling Technologies. Waveform Design for Joint Communications and Radar Sensing Coding Design for JCAS, Channel Characteristics, Models, and Measurements Beamforming in JCAS. Integrated Environmental and/or Spectral Sensing (for Context and Spectral Awarness). Communications Centric JCAS. (Short-Range) JCAS in mmW and THz frequency bands. Security Aspects in JCAS Systems. RF and Electronics Aspects and Perspective of JCAS, Receiver Design, and MIMO/Massive MIMO for JCAS. Localization based on JCAS JCAS Signal Processing. JCAS System Design, network architectures/transmission protocols/frame designs. Machine Learning for JCAS.
Deadline for paper submission: 17th July 2023 (Firm deadline)
Date for notification: 9th September 2023
Camera ready due: 19th September 2023
Deadline for tutorial proposals: 16th July 2023
Date for notification: 25th July 2023
We look forward to hosting you here in Rome.